You may even own Anta Sports products without knowing it
People belonging to ethnic, cultural, and religious groups in northwestern China, including Uyghurs, Kazakhs, Kyrgyz, and Hui, are currently the target of the largest organized detention of an ethnoreligious minority the world has seen since World War II. Since 2017, over one million have been detained.
Uyghur detainees work under constant surveillance, with assigned minders. They are not allowed to leave. Their forced labor contributes to the production of goods for numerous multinational corporations. More than 20 percent of the global apparel industry’s cotton supply is grown in the Uyghur Region. This is also where about 84 percent of China’s cotton is from.
Anta Sports is the largest Chinese manufacturer of sports clothing and gear. In addition to what it sells under its own brand name, the company owns 25 international brands including FILA, Wilson, Salomon, and Descente. Anta Sports is also the official supplier to the International Olympic Committee. It is nearly impossible to play a sport and not buy something that benefits the multinational giant.
Headquartered in Xinjiang, China, Anta Sports’ supply chain is full of products that were processed by Uyghur labor. This needs to stop. Anta Sports has the power to make life better for millions of people in China. You can sign our petition here.
Please post on Anta’s social media accounts
Please post messages regularly on the social media accounts of Anta. Copy and adapt the message below.
I refuse to buy Anta sportswear while you are complicit in #Uyghur forced labour in China.
#NoBusinessWithGenocide #ForcedLabourFashion #freeuyghurs
Learn the truth about Anta here. https://bit.ly/Anta_Uyghur
Anta Sports on social media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/antasportsvn
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antasportsofficial/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/antasportswear
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anta/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/filausa
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/filausa/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FILAUSA
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Descente.Ski
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/descente_global/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DescenteSki
Anta Sports’ reach goes beyond the brands it owns. It also sponsors a number of athletes. Go on their social media and urge that they cut ties with Anta.
- Alex Caruso — @ACFresh21 / Twitter and https://www.instagram.com/acfresh21/
- Kevon Looney — https://www.instagram.com/looney/
- Klay Thompson — @KlayThompson / Twitter
- Gordon Hayward — Gordon Hayward @gordonhayward / Twitter and https://www.instagram.com/gordonhayward
- Jacob Evans — https://www.instagram.com/j.n.e.iii and
- Rajon Rondo — https://twitter.com/rajonrondo and https://www.instagram.com/rajonrondo
For More Information
“Eight things you can do to help Uyghurs in a time of genocide,” Uyghur Human Rights Project
End #ForcedLabourFashion Now – campaign website